Sunday, January 17, 2016

Sunday Stash Report 2016, Week 3


Doing weekly reports on how my stash moves definitely keeps me motivated! Last week, I powered through to finish this quilt top, that was promised two (yikes!) years ago! I still have to buy some border fabric, but I'll count that separately.


And a quilt top is not complete until it has been inspected - Daisy did her job thoroughly, and then nicely posed! I've done other posts about this quilt - just search for Super Mario or click on the label below.


I've already made the matching pillowcase, which is already in use.


I had experimented with using strips of fabric, instead of all those small squares, but it didn't work out as well as I would have liked, so the quilt top is made up of 1,956 individual 2" squares! 

I'm considering this for the border fabric, bound with red and flannel or minky on the back:



Of course, in order to finish the top, I had to make a small purchase of orange for the Fire Flower and another look at the Christmas clearance rack at Hamel's:


I broke down and bought this print from the Holly's Tree Farm line with no plan. Don't you just love those vintage cars!


Added: 0.8 metres

Added Year to Date: 4.1 metres 
 
Used/Given away: 5 metres
 
Used/Given away Year to Date: 5 metres
 
Used/Given away for 2016: 0.9

I hope to stay in the clear all year, so that means I really have to buckle down and get those UFOs done, because I don't want to give up the fabric shopping!

Linking up with all the other Stashers at Judy's Patchwork Times - come check us out!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! That is so cute! My boys would love that! I really like the fabric for the border. Great job, and good luck staying in the black.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!