Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 Word of the Year






(image credit: modernlaceblog.com)



Off and one for the last several years, I have chosen one word to use as my focus for the year (unlike news magazines and sites that chose a word to represent the past year).

I have used words such as Joy, Focus, Nurture and Change.  I didn't have a word last year, and thinking back now, I've realized how much I used the "word" in the past to centre myself when I got scattered throughout the year.

The last couple of years have been a challenge, with a threatened job loss after just getting back to work after a 6-month layoff, battling depression and anxiety and downsizing my home (but that was a good stress!).

This year, I was originally considering the word "Less" as I am feeling cramped and disorganized in my new reduced space, but when I was looking for images to reflect it, I think "Simplify" better describes what I am trying to achieve this year.  It isn't just having less stuff around, it's simplifying everything I do and think in order to bring the things that bring me Joy in Focus so that I can Nuture my soul. (more Words of the Year).  I think this definition says it all:


simplify

/ˈsɪmplɪˌfaɪ/


verb (transitive-fies, -fying, -fied
1.
to make less complicated, clearer, or easier

(definition from dictionary.com)


What is your Word of the Year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!