Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sunday Stash Report 2015 - Week Two

Happy New Year, all!  I've started off the new year with a good start - nothing in, but a few yards out! 
 
I've worked out a trade with a fellow Project of Doomer who makes 3D pieces.  I'm sending her a bundle of fabric strips good for titles in exchange for a few items such as an embroidered Chocolate Frog box, including the chocolate frog!
 
 
(Kirsten's finished product)
 
Added: 0 metres
Added Year to Date: 0 metres  
 
Destashed: 2 metres

 Destashed year to Date: 2 metres
 
Added for 2015: -2.0 metres

 Total spent YTD $0.00 = $0.00/metre
 
Like last year, I am going to track my spending.  I found that really help rein in my acquiring of new stash.  Now I've only been buying what I need to finish a current project.
 
I managed to get started on my Project of Doom.  Since we are only doing one block a week as part of the quilt-along, I should be able to keep up. 

 
I haven't trimmed it to the final size of 10 1/2" yet, as I plan on embroidering the book titles. Because I don't have an embroidery machine, I'll be doing this by hand.  I may attempt to stencil some titles or use fabric pens as well.
 
 
My goal is to do this quilt completely from stash.  I'm also going to use some fun fabrics in it.  This block has silver lame, purple satin and a shimmery fabric for the crystal ball. Wish me luck!
 
Check out other quilters' stash reports at patchworktimes.com
 

2 comments:

  1. You are undertaking a major project in my book. Good luck. It looks very interesting and fun from here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to be able to trade for different parts of your quilt. It will make it even more special.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!