Tuesday, October 14, 2014

While I was waiting...a quilty finish

 
While I was anxiously waiting for word from the hospital, I picked up a project that has been waiting in the wings for a while.  I only had 5 blocks to finish assembling and a few more blocks for the borders.
 
 
Since Bonnie Hunter has announced the fabric choices for her newest mystery quilt,  Grand Illusion, I better get this one done.  I only made 1/2 the amount of blocks required, but looking at it I think I needed one more row on the bottom (it is hanging sideways on the clothesline). Oh, well, I'm not taking it apart now.
 
I modified the border to emphasize the points of the stars more, and used Bonnie's pieced cornerstones (I redrafted it to a 3 1/2" block) for the corners.  I like it!
 
 
I went to bed at about 2 a.m. and Mya was born at 4:16 a.m.  I had both Zoey and Alex for a sleepover, but lucky for me the kids slept in until about 8:30 so I did get some sleep.
 
Then we headed to the hospital for some baby snuggles!
 
 
She's a chunky monkey at 8 lbs, 11 oz. with lots of dark hair. I think she's going to end up fair though, because there are blond tinges to it and her eyebrows and eyelashes are blond, unlike her sister who had dark ones.  Her eyes are lighter, too.  Zoey's were jet-black when she was born, and are now light brown.
 
 
 
This is a close as Zoey would come to holding her.  She spent most of the time ignoring her!  Alex was in love though, and he will be a great big cousin!
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the baby and your quilt top finish too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!