Friday, January 10, 2014

Weekend Plans

It's going to be a dark, stormy night tonight (and most of the weekend), so I think I'm going to hunker down in my Quilt Cave and work on finishing some projects.  (I didn't tell you my Word of the Year is "Finish", did I?)
 
I'm going to pull out a few flimsies and get them ready for quilting:
 

Like this one - yes, the applique melons are finished - I'm really bad at not showing my finishes. I'm going to back it with this toile I got in Rome, Italy.  That was during the same time period I was piecing these blocks from the Just Takes 2 challenge, so it will become a wonderful memory piece (and a nice table topper just in time for Valentine's Day).
 
 
Now that the tree is down, I am finally going to baste this tree skirt and see if I can actually get it quilted in time for Christmas this year (I have used it for the last three years as a flimsy - I'm amazed no one has noticed).
 
I'll warm up my quilting bones with a few smaller pieces, like this:
 
 
And this:

 
And try to blast through my pile of flimsies!
 
Have a quilty weekend!
 
Terri in BC
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm in the same position. Just about all I have are flimsies. I guess I've given away everything that was finished. I've got a couple that need borders then they are going to get quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have been uses your tree skirt lol! Good luck with the finishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!