Saturday, January 11, 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge

This is my first time posting on soscrappy's Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I love using up my scraps, right down to the littlest crumbs, so this challenge is right up my alley.  The colour for the month of January is blue, and I have lots of those!
 
I've started by rummaging through my jar of cool-coloured crumbs:
 

 
I made one crummy block (3 1/2" unfinished):
 
 
 
I also added another house to my Tiny Houses collection (3 1/2" unfinished):
 
 
 
And a block to my Polaroid collection (3 1/2"x 4 1/2" unfinished):
 
 
 
(Not sure why the solid white looks wavy when I imported it into blogger, it looked fine on my computer!)
 
Next up, sort through my bin of scraps:
 
 
I'm too lazy to put everything away as I finish projects, so I stuff the leftovers in this bin and when I have a few minutes (i.e. bored, unmotivated, etc.) I pull it out and cut them into usable size strips and squares, a la Bonnie Hunter's Scrap User System.  I highly recommend it if you struggle with scraps!
 
To see what others are doing with their scraps, check out this week's links on soscrappy's blog!
 
Happy Scrapping,
 
Terri in BC


9 comments:

  1. Such cute little blocks! Looks like nothing goes to waste at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I've started keeping tiny pieces to try some crumbs next year... I figure I might as well use it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your crumb jar-- such a cute little block too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute blocks! I too have had issues with white fabric coming out blue & wavy in blogger, even though the original is fine. If anyone knows how to sort out that one I would love to know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cute little blocks! Especially your crumb block.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blocks and such a nice variety with your blue scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love little blocks. And, wow...if that crumb block is only 3.5 inches then those scraps sure must have been tiny. I've seen those polaroid blocks and thought they would make a cute I Spy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your little house block.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!